Seawater Cooled Condensers
Packless Condenser Coils
- Excellent for both water-source heat pump and water-cooled condenser applications
- Highly effective convoluted inner tubes of cupro-nickel
- Available in helix, spiral and trombone shapes
- C-UL approved
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
Packless water-source condenser coils operate very effectively as either refrigerant condensers or refrigerant evaporators when transferring heat with water. This makes them an ideal choice for both water-source heat pumps and water-cooled condenser applications.
The coils utilize a coaxial “tube-in-tube” design. Water flows through the inner tube while refrigerant flows in the annulus between the inner and outer tubes.
The key to the high performance of Packless coils lies in the convoluted multi-lead inner tube manufactured in a patented* process. The resulting convoluted tube has increased heat transfer surface area per unit length yet still permits full flow of both water and refrigerant around its entire periphery for improved performance. Turbulence imparted by the convolutions to both the water and refrigerant flows further enhances the thermal performance, while inhibiting the accumulation of deposits on the surfaces. The net result is a highly effective, compact heat exchanger with superior anti-fouling characteristics.
The coils utilize a coaxial “tube-in-tube” design.
Optimum heat transfer with Packless water-source condenser coils is achieved with a counterflow arrangement of water and refrigerant during condensing.
We stockfrom ½ ton through to 2 ton heat exchangers all in90-10 cupro-nickel inner tubes surrounded by steel outer tubes (shells). Thecupro-nickel is recommended for ground and sea water applications.
Aqua Systems efficient Liquid to Refrigerant Heat Exchangers
- AQUA SYSTEMS refrigerant to water heat exchangers incorporate the latest in refrigerant heat exchanger technology. The compact size and the high level of heat exchange efficiency are achieved by the Aqua Systems unique heat exchange tube geometry.
- The enhanced surface of the copper or cupro nickel tube provides surface extension of 3.7 times that of smooth tubing. The conical, co-axial design of the water coils and the internal rifling ensures that water turbulence is maintained even at low water flow rates.
- On the refrigerant side, the close tolerances between the water coils and the condenser shell, result in the extraordinary heat exchange performance during condenser duty on the cooling cycle. As they are designed to also suit reversible applications, the unique design provides a high level of performance when the heat exchanger is used as a liquid chiller.
Water Cooled Condensers for Fresh or Salt Water.
Liquid Chilling Evaporators for Fresh Water or Brine
Note: Copper water inlet and outlet manifolds can be supplied with all models “S”, “SR”, “CN” & “CNR” series heat exchangers. The manifolds allow supply and return pipe connections of 7/8″ and can be expanded to allow up to 1 1/4″ pipe connections.
Heat Exchanger Dimensions
(U.S. Standard Measurement)
|Models||Refrig. Conns. In/Out – “||Water Conns. In/Out – “||Dim. A-“||Dim. B-“||Shell Dia.-“||Dry Weight-Lbs|
|S-2 CN2||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||7 3/4||5 1/4||6.13||15|
|S-3 CN3||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||9 1/2||7||6.13||19|
|S-4 CN4||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||11 1/4||8 3/4||6.13||23|
|S-5 CN5||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||13||10 1/2||6.13||26|
|S-6 CN6||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||14 3/4||12 1/4||6.13||29|
|S-2R CN2R||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||7 3/4||5 1/4||6.13||16|
|S-3R CN3R||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||9 1/2||7||6.13||20|
|S-4R CN4R||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||11 1/4||8 3/4||6.13||24|
|S-5R CN5R||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||13||10 1/2||6.13||27|
|S-6R CN6R||7/8 OD||3/4 OD||14 3/4||12 1/4||6.13||30|